Terms and Conditions of Sale
Thank you for shopping at Burnt Island Occasions LTD
We really appreciate you choosing to order from us and as a small family run company we take great pride in the work we produce and do our upmost to ensure your order is correct and fulfils your requirements.
We require you as the customer to;
- Check your order including invoice before paying, we work off your order form when creating your order so any mistakes must be communicated before paying including but not limited to; colour, size and spelling.
- Refrain from using descriptions such as 'the same size as this image', it is difficult to determine how big a cake topper is via a picture. We would appreciate an exact size in height or width for us to work from. If this is not communicated we cannot be held responsible for our interpretation from an image.
- If you would like to see a draft of your order before postal you will request this from us before paying, and understand this may delay your order from leaving us. We do not send drafts before payment has been received.
- The number of letters/words will impact a height of a topper. We cut our toppers mainly to width with the exception of single number / words. For example; 'Annabelle' cut to 4" wide would be approx 0.8" tall, where 'Zoe' cut to 4" wide would be 2.5" tall. If you require a similar looking size please make us aware so we can adjust the size appropriately.
We as Burnt Island Occasions LTD;
- We will make creative design choices without consultation if we feel they will compliment the design and wording of your order. For example adding a heart / star to the design if we feel it will be more stable during the cutting / postal process.
- Make efforts to contact you if we need more information about your order, via the email / telephone on your order form.
- Cancel/refund orders in emergency situations or lack of response from the customer or if we are unable to fulfil your request.
- Design, cut and post your order within our turn around time unless other wise communicated.
Further from the above as a visitor to and/or a customer of our website, you are bound by and agree to the below terms and conditions, which are here to protect both yourself as a consumer and us as a business.
Further terms with regards to orders, postage and delivery:
- We are happy to ship worldwide and have different postage options to select from. To receive an individual quotation for delivery to your country please email us at email@example.com. For International delivery times from the UK to your selected destination, please refer to the official Royal Mail website for up to date delivery times.
- For up to date delivery times and our current turnaround time please always check your confirmation email for further information or email us directly. Our current turnaround time is 3 days unless stated otherwise but can increase during busy periods. Delivery terms are subject to change, up to date manufacturing times will be available to view within the banner at the top of our website homepage.
- International orders will usually be sent via Royal Mail International Tracked delivery service complete with insurance. This is our preferred and trusted delivery provider, however we can use another provider on your request.
- The guaranteed next day shipping option at checkout is available for customers wanting to guarantee that their order will arrive in time to counter any ongoing delays due to Covid and the effect this is having on the postal services at present. All orders are still processed in line with our current advertised turnaround time regardless of whether you choose 1st class or next day shipping.
- In the case where an order is needed urgently, we require you to select our same day dispatch postage option at checkout. This service, when selected, will apply to any and all orders placed between 00:00 and 11:00 (UK time) any orders placed after this time using this service will get dispatched the next working day. We will therefore be unable to "rush through" any orders not placed using this service.
- We are very proud of and particular about the high quality of our packing to ensure your toppers reach you in the condition that they leave our Headquarters. In order to provide this service, we procure and utilise what we believe to be high quality packaging supplies, the cost of which is included in the standard P&P rate.
- By placing an order with us you agree that once your parcel has left our hands we cannot be held responsible for the way in which your parcel is handled by Royal Mail or any other couriers, nor the timescale in which the parcel takes to reach you. The Royal Mail timescale for 1st class is 1-3 days however they do not class a parcel as lost/missing until 10 working days so we will be unable to do anything until after this time, Tracked 24 is 1 to 2 working days however it is not guaranteed to arrive and Guaranteed Next Day (GND) is the next working day, not always including Saturdays according to their website. Royal Mail T & C's state if a GND parcel does not arrive the next working day you can claim compensation for the postage cost not contents of your parcel, we are unable to provide refunds if your order arrives after an event.
- Please note that all toppers are sold separately and discounts cannot be offered on purchases of multiple items, as such we respectfully ask that you do not ask for discounts to this effect. All items are handmade to order and our prices fairly reflect this, we also gladly offer sales and surprise discount codes to all customers at various times of the year by way of thanks for your support.
- We will not send orders to a postal address that differs to the address you have provided on your order form. This is to ensure we are appropriately covered in the event of loss or damage at the hands of the delivery partner or in any instance where a transaction is queried by a bank. Please ensure the information you provide on your order is up to date and correct. Any changes will have to be made by creating a brand new order.
- We cannot be held responsible if your post person chooses not to deliver your parcel due to receiving no answer from your property when they initially attempt delivery. If your parcel is given to a neighbour or taken back to a sorting office or collection point, we cannot be held responsible for this.
- Refunds or cancellation of an order cannot be issued if your parcel does not arrive on time in the instance where we have met the above terms of dispatch. Delays within the postal system are reasonably out of our control and therefore we reserve the right to uphold this policy without affecting your statutory rights.
- Whilst we are happy to receive photos of other cake topper maker's work as a form of inspiration for a custom order, please understand that we are bound by licences and copyright. We will be able to produce similar work but may not always be the same.
- Due to the handmade, bespoke nature of our cake toppers, refunds and exchanges cannot be issued for instances where a customer has changed their mind, an order has not arrived in time due to circumstances reasonably out of Burnt Island Occasions© control and or the item has been damaged at the hands of the customer.
- Refunds will only be accepted on items that have been damaged in the post or where an order has been made incorrectly. We must be made aware of any errors within 48hours of delivery.
- Please note that, due to the handmade nature of these items there will be times where the customer’s choice of colour, for example, is not physically possible or the overall design/finish would be negatively impacted by the customer’s choice of design. For example, requesting too much text for the size of a cupcake sized topper. In this instance I will invoke creative reign over the design of the topper ensuring to keep as closely to the brief as possible whilst creating a finished product that is still aesthetically pleasing.
- It is the customer’s sole responsibility to provide as much detail as possible about the bespoke nature of their order, this includes, but is not limited to, colours, wording personalisation, type of font, size, etc. Please do not ask for your toppers to be ‘as per the photo’ as it is extremely difficult to estimate a size from a photo. Please do not ask for a topper from a particular style of cake on our website as we regularly update our stock photos and so cannot use these as a point of reference when creating your order, please provide specific colours/fonts etc in the notes box provided.
- Should specific details not be provided by the customer at point of checkout, we, Burnt Island Occasions, will assume free creative reign and will create the toppers to closely match whatever or little details are provided by the customer.
- Please note that all photos of our cake toppers on our website and social media channels are examples of previous work and not a direct interpretation of the toppers you will receive – variations will occur as per the handmade nature of the items.
- You must also ensure that if you wish to order a double layered topper, for example, that you add each colour using the drop-down menus on the item listing, the photos of the toppers are for demonstration purposes only and not a direct interpretation of what you will receive.
- Please note that customers are responsible for returns and full details will be discussed should such an occasion occur.
- When adding a photo of inspiration on our create your own listing, we will revert to the style of this photo but not colour. Please select colour from the listing.
- When ordering with us whether it be through invoice or website, it is the customers responsibility to ensure all the information is correct on the order. We attempt to reduce mistakes by copying and pasting from your order, although on the rare occasion human error does occur please ensure to let us know within 48hours.
- When ordering a topper and selecting width, the height will vary depending on the amount of letters in the word. We are unable to refund if a topper has been cut to a width agreed (by paying an invoice or online) if the height is too small due to the length of the word.
- If ordering the incorrect listing for example a single name charm and you request the wording 'Happy Birthday Name' we will issue an invoice to cover the extra cost for this.
- Should you need to return an item to us you must ensure that only the original packaging is used to pack the order and that all aspects of your order remain unused. We cannot be held responsible for a returned item that is damaged during transit where original packaging is not used by the customer.
- Returns must be sent back to us within 14 calendar days from when the parcel was first attempted for delivery to the customer’s address.